Sign Grassfire’s “I Support the Second Amendment” Petition
April 17, 2013 in Notices
Senator McConnell’s office just pushed out an update saying there will be debate on the gun control bill through 4:00 PM today, April 17, at which time a vote will occur. The vote will come on 9 amendments, each of which require 60 votes to pass.
1. Manchin/Toomey amendment #715 (background checks);
2. Grassley/Cruz amendment (alternative);
3. Leahy amendment #713 (trafficking);
4. Cornyn amendment #719 (concealed carry);
5. Feinstein amendment #711 (assault weapons ban);
6. Burr amendment #720 (veterans);
7. Lautenberg amendment #714 (high capacity magazines);
8. Barrasso amendment #717 (privacy); and
9. Harkin amendment (mental health).
It appears that Ayotte, Baucus, Begich, Heitkamp, Landrieu, and Pryor are the undecided votes. If these are your senators, please contact them and urge them to oppose any new gun control bills or amendments.
I am unsure when the petition results will be delivered, so sign as early as possible to be included.